Follow by Email

Friday, 10 March 2017

ADDICTED TO CAS

                           Challenge #106 - Doodle



As soon as I saw "doodle " as the challenge word I immediately thought of Zentangle ! I've only ever tried this technique once and have never taught it in class thinking it might be too over whelming for some ! I may rethink that because it's really fun and not that difficult ! The next challenge was to find a stamp image suitable and our Lucky Elephant fits the bill perfectly !
After I was happy with my Zentangling I mounted my elephant on some Black Glimmer paper from my hoarded stash , stamped the sentiment above him and onto my Bermuda Bay mat repeatedly . I tied some striped 1/8 "  Bermuda Bay ribbon around some of the thicker  striped grosgrain also from my stash and gave him a sparky black eye with a rhinestone coloured with a black sharpie . I think he looks pretty cute and am off to see what else I can create with him - this being the first time he's seen ink ! If you'd like to join the challenge or check out some of the other fabulous designs go here








Product List

6 comments:

  1. Hello Cheryl: I also thought of Zentangle as soon as I saw the Code Word for this challenge. I discovered this awesome doodling technique a couple of years ago while browsing Pinterest. It's fun and relaxing and really surprisingly easy to do, all it takes is doodling.
    Love your Zentangled Elephant, what a fabulous image do cove in little doodles. I too like images with enough space for my doodling, the colors you chose to frame this one are beautiful.
    Great card.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw , thank you so much Maria ! That's so sweet of you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super cute, and I love the elephant :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at ATCAS - DT Ellenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ellenor 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is FABULOUS, Cheryl! Your 'Zentangling' is amazing on the elephant...so creative, and perfect for our code word! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind words Barb .

      Delete