Follow by Email

Sunday, 8 January 2017

ESAD 2017 OCCASIONS CATALOGUEAND SALE-A-BRATION BLOGHOP









Welcome back to another blog hop ! This time we are showcasing some of our favourites from the new catalogues and offering suggestions as to how you might spend you $90 in order to earn free product from the SAB catalogue.
For my cards,  I used Mediterranean Moments - not a set I thought I thought I would choose but I am really loving it's versatility .
My first card was a happy accident ! I was searching through my framelits for a way to highlight my design when i happened upon my window framelits ! Imagine my delight to find that my image fit perfectly inside the window opening !
I have used a combination of colouring techniques , water colouring and watercolour pencils and have used Tip Top Taupe . Mint Macaroon , Sweet Sugar Plum with some Old Olive and Calypso Coral for the flowers and foliage . The sentiment is from Sitting Here and i have also used the Brick Wall embossing folder . I hope you love this card as much as I do !
Some of the main items required for this card are :
 Mediterranean Moments C   143191     $35
 Brick wall embossing folder 138288,   $15
 Hearth and Home framelits   139666 ,    $35
 Linen thread     104199         $8
Total $93 = free gift



My next card also uses Mediterranean Moments . Here I have used the emboss resist technique . First I clear heat embossed the image , then sponged on some Crumb Cake ink . I felt it needed something to make it pop so then I cut a frame using my Lots Of Labels framelits and some Early Espresso card stock . Still  I was not done ! I cut some " flowers and trailing vines from my new Succulent framelit   dies out of our gorgeous copper foil ! A few strands of copper metallic thread finished this card off together with some copper heat embossing for the sentiment .

Succulent framelit dies       142757      $56
Lots Of Labels Framelits     1382181   $45
Total =                   $101 = free SAB item


Lastly, I combined two stamp sets  to create this next card .  First I stamped the image of the lady in the rain from  Beautiful You using Black Archival ink . I coloured the image using my water colour pencils , then masked the image and  heat embossed the street    image  using silver embossing powder . I mounted my image on a piece of Rich Razzleberry DSP , stamped and mounted the sentiment also . I cased this idea from Irene Rathman , thank you for the inspiration Irene !

Beautiful You C stamp set 143637         $49
DSP Paper stack               138434             $38
   Silver Embossing Powder        109131  $8.75
Total = $95.75  = Free SAB item  


Now it's time to see what the very talented  Libby Dyson has created ! Click on the next button .
     
BLOG HOP PARTICIPANTS: 
10. Josie Dean 

27 comments:

  1. Great cards Cheryl. I love how you have showcased a few sets. I particularly like all the different effects and techniques you have useed. Thanks for participating in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment Libby .

      Delete
  2. These are great Cheryl love the framing of the Mediterranean Moments set through the window :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole ! Yes I was stoked that it fitted in the window as well ! So fun

      Delete
  3. Great cards Cheryl. The window frame looks amazing with that scene. Love the embossed effect as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Juan ! It's such a great set isn't it ?

      Delete
  4. i love that beautiful me stamp set. you have used it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment Rebecca !

      Delete
  5. Great as always, I wasn't getting that set Mediterranean Moments, but you have show cased it very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl ! You NEED that set my friend !

      Delete
  6. I haven't got Mediterranean Moments yet but after seeing your window card I think I need it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Cheryl. I really love the window frame looking out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam , that ones my favourite too ! I love how it turned out .

      Delete
  8. Wow.....so many techniques with one stamp set. I love everything that you have done with it. I also really love your copper succulent die cuts - they add such a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Lou its a great set to work with and the copper is amazing to work with isnt it ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards Cheryl! Love the window frame idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Megan ! Yes that wa such a fluke ! Love it too !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! Love that you used the window die.. I forget about this die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josie ! Yes I am really pleased with my result !

      Delete
  13. The room with a view card is my favourite. Thanks for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite too Cathy ! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment 😀😀😀

      Delete
  14. great cards Cheryl - thanks for sharing & participating in the Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards Cheryl. I need to stop seeing beautiful cards with the Med. Moments set *I don't need more stamps*. Love how you've made a card that uses $90+ of product to highlight the SAB rewards - clever blogging! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much for such lovely comments Kelly you are so kind .😘😘😘

      Delete
  16. Love your cards using one of my favourite stampsets they are gorgeousxx

    ReplyDelete